Monday 3 October 2016

New Christmas and other Greetings Cards in my Etsy Shop

Little Women Christmas Card 
I have had a busy crafting day today putting the finishing touches to some new Greetings Cards that I have now listed in my Etsy Shop. They all have a literary feel to them because I have upcycled pages from two disintegrating vintage books that I found in charity shops. One is the horror short story The Yellow Wallpaper by Charlotte Perkins Gilman (my book review here!) and the other is the much loved children's novel Little Women by Louisa M Alcott.

I've enjoyed finding pertinent paragraphs to form the centrepiece of each card and then crocheting stars, baubles and flowers to embellish them. I recycled a seasonally red ribbon on a couple of the Christmas cards as well!

The Yellow Wallpaper Greetings Card 

There were already four gothic cards listed that I had made featuring text from an old edition of Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I thought these would be perfect as Halloween cards or on any occasion for darkly romantic friends! Now I have added another seven and have three more Little Women cards which I hope to finish and list this evening. Keep an eye open for my Little Women book review post over on Literary Flits soon. I think I will offer a pair of greeting cards as a giveaway!

Wuthering Heights Greetings Card 

Please do click through to my Etsy Shop to take a look at my whole range of cards! They are £2.50 each and I charge a flat rate of just £1.50 shipping within the UK no matter how many items you buy (except cushions). European shipping is £2.25 per order and the Rest Of The World is £3 per order. I also sell crocheted embellishments for you to make your own cards with or now the weather is turning distinctly autumnal, perhaps you might like to add a cosy hand-crocheted beanie hat while you're browsing!

Little Women Christmas Card 

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have stumbled upon your cards and I am in love. I love how you are recycling and upcycling other items. I also love how you are carefully choosing which phrases and paragraphs will go on each card. You have a great attention to detail and great products as a result. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete